In week 10, we are working on fixing bugs and polishing our games by putting more art and UI assets in the game. Besides, we have 5 playtests with each has 6 playtesters on our our Satuarday’s playtest day.
On the Tech Side, we:
- Make the clues and puzzles shown on the interest point panel, so players are able to see what they can collect in this interest point.
- Add transition panels between stages, so players know where they are.
- Redesign the character menu so players are able to view their background stories, relationships with Ava (the murdered girl), unique skills, and alibis both at the beginning of the game and during the game.
- Adjust the user interaction from click to open to on mouse load open with clues on the detective board to minimize the bug of conflict actions between drag clue and click clue.
- Add the teleport doors between different memories, and puzzles that need to be solve to unlock the teleport.
- Add a simple one page tutorial at the beginning of first investigation and discussion phase just for temporary use. We will update all these tutorials in one of the videos at the beginning of the game
- finish the function for transferring puzzle between players. Now players are able to transfer the puzzles to other players. (for the situation when the puzzle can only be solved by one player)
- Add an animation for the notification panel.
- Add a share limit for the detective board so the board won’t be too messy with a lot of bugs
- Add notification confirmations for sharing clues, transferring puzzles, and receiving puzzles from others.
- Add notification information when the puzzle is solved, with telling what happens to players.
- Add the accusation phase at the end
- Update all UI elements, add a temporary background for detective board.
- Update clue art assets and clue formatting to better fit the phone’s screen.
- Fix bugs on the discussion and investigation menu.
On the Art Side, we:
- Have most of the UI art assets done.
- Most clues have unique icons and artworks on both the clue info page and detective board for players.
Playtest Day Feedbacks
During the playtest day on April.1st.2023, Satuarday, we had 5 playtests in total, with each have 6 playtesters.
And during playtests, we received severl feedbacks on our problems on both the tech side, and the user interaction side. The main issue during the playtest day was the connection auto break for ios, and some phones are unable to find the room at browse room menu. Besides that, we have other feedbacks on our game design and narrative parts. We organized all of them and come out a list of things we need to do for the future weeks.